Friday, November 6, 2009

It's Weblog awards time

Below the Beltway noted the opening of nomination season for the 2009 Weblog Awards. Below the Beltway is a nominee for Best Political Blog, so check that out.
I first noticed the Weblog awards during voting last year. I remember thinking, maybe I could enter the new blog category or small blog category this year to get some attention.
But with the nominations opening, I find the entry cutoff for best new blog is November 3, 2008 - a week after I started this site. Last year's cutoff was October 3, 2007, so there were 13 months worth of new blogs considered for last year's awards.
How about using Technorati's authority numbers for a category? Before Technorati's change, I was 31 - eligible for the hidden gem category. Now I'm at authority 567, in with the really experienced and really big dogs.
Check out the nominees, past winners and past finalists. There's still time to join in the fun.

No comments: