Sunday, January 20, 2013

Both representing the people

In a Politico story about Bill Clinton talking gun control, we find a meeting between Clinton and an NRA lobbyist.
Clinton said that an National Rifle Association lobbyist threatened him over his veto in the state house, saying that the group would cause problems for his upcoming presidential campaign in rural states like Texas.
“Right there in the lobby,” Clinton said. “They thought they could talk to governors that way.
“I knew I was getting older when I didn’t hit him,” Clinton said. Clinton recalls telling the NRA lobbyist, “If that’s the way you feel, you get your gun, I’ll get my gun and I’ll see you in Texas.”
Governor and lobbyist. They both represent people.
Maybe more of our politicians need to hear straight talk, not what they want to hear.

No comments: